Schedule of courses for Medical Mathematics - Biostatistics in winter semester
2011-2012 (in Greek).
Presentations for Biomathematics, Hygiene & Epidemiology I,
Hygiene & Epidemiology II can be found here.
Schedule of courses for Hygiene and Epidemiology II in the spring semester 2012 (in Greek).
Articles for students (Biomathematics):
- Statistics notes. Interaction 2: Compare effect sizes not
P values. Download
- Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Download
- Statistics notes: the normal distribution. Download
- Presentation of numerical data. Download
- Association between raised body temperature and acute mountain
sickness: cross sectional study View | View
- Statistics Notes: Survival probabilities (the Kaplan-Meier method). Download
- The logrank test. Download
- Statistics Notes: Time to event (survival) data. Download
Some other articles to read from our team:
- Ioannidis JP. Why most published research findings are false. PLoS Med.. 2005;2:8:e124. View PubMed citation.
- Ioannidis JP, Trikalinos TA. The appropriateness of asymmetry tests for publication bias in meta-analyses: a large survey. CMAJ. 2007;176:8:1091-6. View PubMed citation.
- Kavvoura FK, Liberopoulos G, Ioannidis JP. Selection in Reported Epidemiological Risks: An Empirical Assessment. PLoS Med. 2007;4:3:e79. View PubMed citation.
- Ioannidis JP. Evolution and Translation of Research Findings: From Bench to Where? PLoS Clin Trials. 2006;1:7:e36. View PubMed citation.
- Papanikolaou PN, Christidi GD, Ioannidis JP. Patient outcomes with teaching versus nonteaching healthcare: a systematic review. PLoS Med. 2006;3:9:e341. View PubMed citation.
- Patsopoulos NA, Ioannidis JP, Analatos AA. Origin and funding of the most frequently cited papers in medicine: database analysis. BMJ. 2006;332:7549:1061-4. View PubMed citation.
- Papanikolaou PN, Christidi GD, Ioannidis JP. Comparison of evidence on harms of medical interventions in randomized and nonrandomized studies. CMAJ. 2006;174:5:635-41. View PubMed citation.
- Pan Z, , Trikalinos TA, Kavvoura FK, Lau J, Ioannidis JP.. Local literature bias in genetic epidemiology: an empirical evaluation of the chinese literature. PLoS Med.. 2005;2:12:e334. View PubMed citation.