STUDIES- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
1974-1979: Bachelor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
1983-1987: PhD in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
11/1988: Lecturer, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece,
8-11/ 1991: Research visitor, Department of Food Chemistry, University College Cork, Ireland.
5/1993: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
7-9/1994: Research visitor, Department of Food Chemistry, University College Cork, Ireland.
4-7/1997: Research visitor, Faculte D’Oenologie, Universite de Bordeaux II, France.
5/2005: Associate Professor, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
4/2014: Professor, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece.
Food Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology of Foods, Enology
Chemistry and Biochemistry of Foods, Biotechnology of Foods
Research Publications: 68
Journals Science Citation Index: 58
Journals Science Citation Index: 10
Post doctoral fellows
1. N.A. Olasupo, research visitor, 5-10/1999. Lecturer, Department of Botany and Microbiology, Lagos State University, Nigeria,
Supervision of completed Ph.D. theses
1. V. Vaimakis 1998, in wine science
2. M. Katsiari, 1999, in dairy science
3. E. Matselis, 2000, in dairy science
4. G.Lalos, 2002, in dairy science
5. M. Triantafyllidou, 2003, in dairy science
6. I. Lambropoulos, 2006, in wine science
7. D. Papadopoulou, 2006, in lipid and wine sciences
Supervision of completed M.Sc. theses
1. P. Konstantinou, 1998, in dairy science
2. D. Papadopoulou, in oil and wine sciences
3. I. Lambropoulos, 2000, in dairy science
4. V. Igoumenidou, 2002, in dairy science
5. I. Papathanasiou, 2002, in wine science
6. P. Tzima, 2003, in wine science
7. K. Soulti, 2006, in wine and lipid sciences
8. G. Vagenas, 2008, in dairy science
9. N. Kontogeorgos, 2011, in wine science
10. F. Vetsika, 2012, in dairy science
11. M. Patrianakou, 2012, in wine science
12. E. Papadaki, 2014, in dairy science
13. S. Voltea, 2014, in wine science
Flavour development during food manufacture and storage
Natural food antioxidants and food protection from oxidation
Enzymes and microorganisms in food technology
Health related properties of foods and functional foods
Coordinator of 3 completed education projects, 2 in dairy science and 1 in wine science.
Coordinator of 5 completed research projects, 3 in dairy science and 2 in wine science.
Member of 3 completed research projects.
Financial sources: Region of Epirus-European Social Fund, Research Committee-University of Ioannina, Greek General Secretary of Research and Technology, 1,000-280,000 euros.
Food Chemistry, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, European Food Research Technology, Journal Food Processing and Preservation, LWT-Food Science Technology, Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Food Technology and Biotechnology, Molecules, Food Research International, International Journal of Food Science and Technology, European Journal Lipid Science Technology, Journal of Food Biochemistry, International Journal of Food Properties, Italian Journal of Food Science, Journal Science of Food and Agriculture, Journal of Food Quality, Journal Food Nutrition Research, Journal of Food Science, Talanta, British Journal of Applied Science and Technology, Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, African Journal of Food Science, Scientific Research and Essays, Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, African Journal of Biotechnology, Journal of Dairy Research.
Member of Editorial board
The Open Food Science Journal, Journal of Chemistry