We are organizing a conference in Numerical Analysis entitled
"Fifth Conference on Numerical Analysis (NumAn 2012) - Recent Approaches
to Numerical Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications". The conference will take
place in Ioannina, Greece, Wednesday 5, to Saturday 8, September 2012.
The themes of the conference are in the broad area of numerical analysis and applications, including:
All areas of numerical analysis are considered, including:
- numerical methods and algorithms
- numerical computing and software
- applications of numerical methods to science, engineering, biology, finance, etc.
- parallel and high-performance numerical computation
- scientific computing
The aims of
the conference are:
- numerical linear algebra
- numerical methods for ordinary, partial and stochastic differential equations
- nonlinear and optimization problems
- to bring together and bequeath scientific activities, directions and
pursuits of scientists on subjects that pertain to the conference,
- to foster an exchange of views and ideas,
- to study the theoretical background required for methods, algorithms and
techniques used in applications,
- to search directions of theoretical results towards applications,
- to highlight open problems and future directions of numerical analysis.
We invite interested researchers to submit one-page abstracts,
for lecture or poster presentations,
on topics pertaining to the themes of the conference by Sunday, May 20, 2012 (extended deadline).
Abstracts must be in LaTeX following the sample file
sample.tex and must be e-mailed to
See the important dates for the deadlines of the conference.